Trying to Translate

I'm trying to learn Spanish by watching telenovelas. Please share your comments about the shows, too. I know I'm not the only English-speaking person who's hooked on telenovelas!

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Heridas de Amor - Episode 127

Miranda said she was pregnant. Fabricio offered to be a father to her child, saying, "Maybe we've gone through all this to prove the force of our love." Miranda, crying, replied, "I need to be alone." After Fab. left, she remembered Alejandro saying he didn't want children, then told herself, "Alejandro will never know I am expecting his child."

Liliana told Marisol she had made a terrible mistake with Alejandro, that she didn't want to be anyone's lover. Marisol said Liliana had "stupid values and ridiculous principles." After Marisol left, Sofia admitted to Liliana that Marisol told her to invite Miranda to the mini-Olympics.

Sanson called Juan and asked to meet him.

The next day, Miranda told Fabricio, Pamela, and Renata not to tell Alejandro about her pregnancy. Fernanda warned Miranda not to put too much faith into a home pregnancy test.

Bertha arrived and said, "I need to talk to you, Miranda, Renata, Fernanda." They told Bertha she would have to pay for everything she did. Bertha said, "I will pay. But in my own way. I will die as I've lived -- alone."

Miranda and Renata both said, "I forgive you," and Renata added that Florencia would have forgiven Bertha, too. Bertha remembered Florencia saying she forgave Bertha because she smelled like she had death in her blood and no man could love her. She told Miranda and Renata, "I don't need your pardon!"

Marisol returned to Liliana's house, saying she still wanted to be friends, that she'd manipulated the situation because she and Liliana would both benefit if Liliana married a millionaire. Liliana said, "You are cynical," but smiled.

Juan told Amparo and Francisco he wasn't afraid to meet Sanson, "He is not a killer." Sanson arrived and told Juan, "You didn't kill my brother. It was my fault. Forgive me."

He also apologized to Amparo and Francisco, saying they were his only family and had taken care of him, his brother, and Carola when they were children. He told Francisco, "If we were fed, if we had shoes, it was because of you."

Everyone hugged Sanson. Juan asked if Sanson knew why he was sick. Sanson said, "I have AIDS and I'm going to die." Juan said he would put Sanson on the same program of medication as Veronica. After Sanson left, Francisco said, "Sanson deserves a second chance. All of us deserve that."

Luciano said Alejandro's access to his bank accounts had been restored, and the German government was on the verge of extraditing Bertha.

Fernanda and Renata felt sorry for Bertha.

Pamela arrived at the San Llorente house with her mother, Andrea, who said Luciano was sending her and some friends on vacation to Canada. Santiago, Julio, and Rebeca also arrived, and everyone (including Charo, now magically healed from her three bullet wounds) agreed that Bertha deserved punishment. Miranda told Renata, "No one deserves to escape the law."

Cesar phoned someone who owed him money and said he needed to be paid right away in cash. After hanging up, he said something to himself about a big surprise for Miranda and Alejandro.

Marisol told Liliana she couldn't hide the identity of Sofia's father forever because one day Sofia would start asking questions. Liliana agreed and said she would have to talk to Miranda. (Which I suppose means Sofia's father was either Alejandro -- or Gonzalo??)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honestly, I was in despair after this stupid episode. Enough with the talking, don't you think? And why are we supposed to care about the Liliana/Sofia storyline at this late date? It would be a real stretch if Alejandro were the father because I recall that he didn't know Lil when they met.

I'm really irritated that they wasted so much time on Lil and Marisol yacking. Bola de imbeciles!

12:28 PM  
Blogger NONE said...

That's exactly what I thought! Why should we care whether Liliana and Marisol remain friends?

I'm quite disappointed in the way this show ended up -- it started out so strong, but the writers let it all get away from them and have taken the lame way out of so many storylines. What a waste!!

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home