Trying to Translate

I'm trying to learn Spanish by watching telenovelas. Please share your comments about the shows, too. I know I'm not the only English-speaking person who's hooked on telenovelas!

Friday, January 12, 2007

Heridas de Amor - Episode 130

Fabricio asked Alejandro, "What are you doing here?" Alejandro said dejectedly, "Nothing," then asked to speak to Miranda alone.

With Fab. hovering in the background, Alejandro told Miranda, "I came to win you back, but I see I don't have a chance." Miranda said, "That's how it is" and something about him wounding her many times.

Alejandro said, "You deserve a free love, clean" and said he would give her a divorce and return San Llorente Investments to her. Miranda asked, "Why are you doing this?" Al. said Gonzalo would be happy to see his business returned to his family.

Miranda asked, "What are you going to do?" and Al. said he would return to Italy and resume his business there. He said, "We finish at the same place we started -- with your love for Fabricio. Adios, Miranda."

After Al. left, Fabricio urged Miranda not to let him go, saying, "You love him." Miranda said, "I am committed to you." Fabricio said something about the way she looked at Alejandro and told her, "Don't hurt each other."

At Guapo's crazy doll island, Bertha (still tied up) awoke and asked Guapo, "What's going on?" He said, "How many people have asked you that same question?" and then listed everyone she knew -- Miranda, Alejandro, Fernanda, Alfredo, etc. He said, "Have I left anyone out? Oh yes, your darling Gonzalo. And I left myself out."

Bertha asked him to kill her. Guapo said, "No. For you, death is a prize." He made some other remarks I didn't understand. Bertha wearily called him "the angel of vengeance." Guapo started torturing her again, so I looked away from the screen. Don't know what exactly he did. He then kissed her and left the room.

Renata thought she was having a miscarriage, so Veronica called Juan. Renata prayed to the Virgin Mary to save the baby. She told Juan, "It has to be born," and said if it was a girl they would name it Maria. Juan said yes, and if it was a boy they'd name it Jesus. Instantly Renata's pain disappeared.

Fabricio, meanwhile, was urging Alejandro not to divorce Miranda. He said, "Miranda loves you." Alejandro said, "You're wrong. I know very well what I saw." Fab. said, "Miranda is expecting your child." At once Alejandro was all smiles (totally forgetting his months of objections to having children). He thanked Fab. and ran away. Fab. said to himself, "Adios, Miranda. Adios, my love."

Next Fab. called Cesar and said, "I have the money you asked for." Cesar said, "Perfect." Fab. told him, "After this, forget we exist." Cesar said, "I promise."

Juan and Raul promised each other that they would be together forever.

Miranda was crying and musing about how much she loved Alejandro when a man's hands grabbed her from behind. In the next scene, she was shown struggling in a bed with Cesar. He said, "I told you, you are mine, stupid, and no one else's!" She said, "I hate you, Cesar," and he replied, "I hate you."

Suddenly Miranda woke up and realized it was a dream. She found a red dress and a note on the bed beside her. It said, "If you want to be free, put on this dress and make yourself beautiful for me" or suffer the consequences. She told herself she would have to do as Cesar asked.

Back at the shack, Guapo showed Bertha a small bottle and said, "Look what I brought you," and something about it being the essence of fear. I have no idea what it was but maybe it was intended to attract rats (since he used rats to torture Fabricio). He put it on his neck and forced Bertha to sniff it. Then he said, "Until you arrive here" (??? or something like that) and proceeded to kill himself with a gun. Bertha, still tied up, mumbled that she was the one who was supposed to die.

Nati, thinking repeatedly, "Cocolbosh, cocolbosh," wandered alone in the jungle. She sat down and turned into a white bird. OK, sure, why not. It makes as much sense as Guapo shooting himself. I suppose this meant Nati died. I hoped she would fly over to crazy doll island and see what was going on with Bertha, but no such luck.

Fabricio and Rebeca met Cesar at an outdoor restaurant. Fab. gave him a bag full of money. Rebeca lectured Cesar, "Everything has a limit! Open your eyes!" Cesar called her an idiot and Fab. yelled, "Don't talk to her like that!" Cesar snarled, "For me the word 'limit' doesn't exist! The only law I know is mine!" He said only Bertha had ever understood him, "and I don't know where she is."

Rebeca said, "I spoke to the authorities! They know where you are!" Cesar said, "What have you done, imbecile?" and walked off with the money. Rebeca and Fabricio, for some reason, yelled after him, "Please come back! Don't leave!" Cesar, looking over his shoulder at them, wandered into the road and was HIT by a CAR????! How LAME (that's exactly what I wrote in my notes when I saw it).

Miranda turned out to be on a boat. Wearing the red dress, she left the cabin and found Alejandro standing on deck. She said, "It can't be." Alejandro said, "Welcome aboard." Miranda asked, "What does all this mean? You pretend to kidnap me?" then told him she was pregnant. And then they kissed, because nothing is more romantic than being knocked out and abducted, right? LAME

Cesar was taken away in an ambulance. Rebeca sobbed that he was still alive, but one of the paramedics told her casually that her son would definitely die. Rebeca immediately phoned Fernanda and told her to prepare Julio for surgery because Cesar would donate his heart to his father.

On the boat, Alejandro and Miranda made out into the sunset. The boat was going very fast but unfortunately they didn't fall overboard. THE END

And Bertha??????? Did she die????? Who knows.

Talk about Heridas de Lameness!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home