Trying to Translate

I'm trying to learn Spanish by watching telenovelas. Please share your comments about the shows, too. I know I'm not the only English-speaking person who's hooked on telenovelas!

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Heridas de Amor - Episode 128

Fabricio told Miranda he planned to go to London and asked her to go with him. She said, "Count on me."

Fabricio received a call informing him that Julio was going to be arrested and charged with fraud (actually committed by Cesar). He told Julio, who immediately had a heart attack.

Alejandro called Miranda, who was angry with him for not attending her party. He said to himself, "I deserve it for being an imbecile, but I swear I'm going to find a way to make you forgive me."

A week later: Fernanda told Pamela and Luciano that Julio needed a heart transplant if a donor could be found. (I predict that he will get Bertha or Cesar's heart.)

Pamela told Fernanda that Alejandro and Miranda hadn't spoken to each other all week, and that Miranda was thinking of going to Europe with Fabricio and not coming back. Fernanda called Miranda and told her she and Fab. would always be unhappy together.

Pamela said, "They've known each other since they were children, and would have married if not for Florencia." Fernanda protested, "Miranda is expecting Alejandro's child!" which came as a surprise to Luciano. He insisted, "When Alejandro returns from Italy, he has to know."

Luciano later told Pamela she should have told him about Miranda's pregnancy. She said she couldn't because Miranda was like a sister to her. Bla bla. Later Miranda asked Luciano not to tell Alejandro, saying the news should come from her.

Renata told Amparo she still wasn't sure if she wanted to have the baby. "I don't know who the papa is." After Amparo gave her a pep talk, Renata had another conversation with her evil reflection in the mirror, telling it, "I'm never going to see you again. No more lies and frustrations. I'm going to live with honesty and clear thoughts. Adios."

Vicente told Luciano and Pamela, "We have to hold an urgent family meeting. Cesar Beltran called me." He warned the family to keep the front door shut because Cesar is dangerous. Juan said Cesar was crazy, yes, but he hadn't killed anyone.

Veronica told Juan to tell Sanson she wanted to see him for a big chat (since contracting AIDS apparently turns everyone into an instant saint).

Liliana showed up at Miranda's house and told her, "I want to talk to you."

Bertha fed pills to her dog, crying and saying, "No son could have been as loyal as you. I can't leave you alone. No one is going to love you as much as I do. Forgive me, Lucas. You have to go with me."

She started to take pills herself, but stopped when she heard glass shattering, and said to someone, "You? You?"

Next we see Bertha with Guapo on a boat, her hands bound, Guapo standing over her with a knife. Bertha has no expression on her face. It's all very weird and slow motion, like a dream. They reach a place where dolls are nailed to trees, and we see that the boat has the word "Bertha" on it. Guapo orders Bertha out of the boat and says, "This is your new home. Do you like it? This is what you deserve" and something about her spending the rest of her life "surrounded by the strength of my arms. Are you happy?"

I'm assuming this was Bertha's hallucination and she actually died from taking the pills.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home