Trying to Translate

I'm trying to learn Spanish by watching telenovelas. Please share your comments about the shows, too. I know I'm not the only English-speaking person who's hooked on telenovelas!

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

More Duelo de Pasiones characters

ELÍAS is Blanca's husband. (He called Alvaro "brother," but I don't know if they're really brothers.)

MARIANITA is the daughter of Mariana and Jose.

MALENA, cousin of Mariana and Alvaro, has apparently been taking care of Marianita and has now told Alvaro she is the girl's mother.

ORLANDO is a soldier who is in love with Thelma.

FRANK is a friend of Orlando and Emilio.

SOFIA is Alina's blonde friend.

LUBA is the witch Alvaro visited at the end of tonight's episode.

RUTILIO is one of Alvaro's employees.

And I'm not sure, but I think the guy with the bandanna who guards Soledad is named Sergio.

I haven't caught the name of the dancer who appears to be one of Emilio's ex-girlfriends, but I think the club where she works is called the Devil's Cave.


(Added: According to Sylvia's latest post at Caray Caray, the dancer's name is CORAL.)

Words/phrases from this episode:
cornudo = cuckolded

ahuyentar = to scare away
mujeriego = womanizing
viuda = widow
alejar = to remove

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once again THANK YOU for this list of characters. It was a godsend for my recap. I think the guy with the bandana is named Hugo. The guy guarding Soledad is Sergio. To me they look almost exactly alike which is why they have Hugo wearing a bandana (my theory). Hugo is a beefcake and always stands with his chest puffed out. Sergio always seems to be slumped over.

Have fun with your recap tonight. You are very good at doing a streamlined, succinct review and I wouldn't change a thing from how you recapped Heridas. It seems that whenever I don't understand something (or I space out and miss a scene) 1) it's not important to the whole story, 2) someone will flashback to it later anyway, 3) if it's really important someone will mention it in the comments.
Do it YOUR way. No rush because Chris (Ferro) doesn't usually post Friday's recap until Saturday at the earliest.

12:26 PM  
Blogger NONE said...

So Hugo is the one who's interested in Alfonsina, then -- they really are difficult to tell apart at this point.

I tend to not be interested in where a scene takes place so I'm not very descriptive -- hope I don't bore the Caray readers too much, but you're right, I should keep doing it my own way. I'm going to tape it on Thursdays so I can re-watch any important scenes I don't understand the first time.

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home