Trying to Translate

I'm trying to learn Spanish by watching telenovelas. Please share your comments about the shows, too. I know I'm not the only English-speaking person who's hooked on telenovelas!

Friday, November 17, 2006

Heridas de Amor - Episode 90

An old lady came to the hospital because she was having a heart attack. A snooty nurse tried to throw her out, saying the hospital is only for rich people, but Juan insisted on treating her. The nurse complained to Dr. Escalante, who said Juan was right, their job is to save lives. He fired the nurse and thanked Juan for reminding him of his own lost ideals.

Daira told Alejandro no one killed Lisania, it was a heart attack etc. Alejandro told her, "Forgive me. I've failed you, my father, and Lizania."

Renata told Florencia about Lizania's death. Veronica apologized to Florencia for everything's she's done, and Florencia forgave her. Veronica asked if she's afraid to die and Florencia said no, she's only afraid of not being strong enough to have her baby.

Renata told Juan about Lizania's death. He later saw Raul but didn't mention Lizania to him (maybe that will happen in the next episode).

Bertha amused herself by bringing Renata a gift box and pretending she didn't know who it was from. Rebeca was terrified, thinking it contained part of Fabricio's body, but Bertha insisted on opening it. It contained chocolate fingers, which Bertha ate in front of the hysterical Rebeca. Cesar arrived and said, "You heard about the death, right?" and Rebeca fainted.

Cesar revived his mother and told her it was Lizania, not Fabricio, who died. Rebeca said, "My God! Such a young girl, so pretty, and above all, so much in love with you!" Angrily Cesar ordered her not to tell anyone else that Lizania loved him because it would cause problems.

Renata overheard Fernanda telling Juan how upset she was about Lizania's death, "No one ever thinks they will lose a child." Renata said Fernanda still has her three daughters, then hugged her. Later Fernanda told Juan that Renata doesn't really love her and maybe she never will.

Alejandro told Miranda he's going to talk to the police about why Lizania's body, car, and purse were all found in different places. Daira said she wants to return to Italy tomorrow with Lizania's ashes.

Cesar told Bertha he was going to Alejandro's house, "I want to look directly into his eyes and see the magnitude of his pain."

When Alejandro saw Cesar he yelled, "What are you doing in my house, idiot?" and grabbed him. Miranda said Cesar has been very supportive, and Daira agreed. Alejandro told Cesar, "Gracias y adios! I don't want you here even if you've turned into a saint, understand?"

Cesar put on his sad face and asked for a truce, saying he knew Lizania. Daira told Alejandro about Cesar's imaginary friends who supposedly saw a man hitting Lizania. Alejandro asked to be left alone with Cesar.

Cesar (crying ostentatiously) gave Alejandro his usual song and dance about his friends not being able to share any useful information about the abusive man's identity. Alejandro asked why Cesar didn't tell him about this before, and Cesar said Alejandro wouldn't have answered his calls.

Cesar said he understands Alejandro's pain because he's now confronting the possibility of his brother's death. Alejandro replied, "No, you don't know, and I hope you never find out," adding, "I don't want to be a hypocrite. I'm grateful you came to give me your condolences. My grief is great and I don't want to share it with you, so I'd be grateful if you'd leave and never come back here."

Cesar said, "I understand your message," and hugged Alejandro. Then he went to the casket of Lizania's ashes and said (while having a flashback of Lizania's death), "Little girl, how vile destiny clipped your wings. Rest in peace, my sweet Lizania," then kissed the casket. UGH

Fernanda told Juan, "Lizania's death was horrible. The forensic examiner said her levels of adrenaline were the maximum." Juan observed that Lizania must have been under a lot of stress.

Amparo told Roman she wants to take baking classes and open a confectioner's shop before they get married. She assured him this will only take a few months. He said OK.

Cesar and Bertha gloated over how upset Alejandro is. Bertha said she was sorry she couldn't personally see Alejandro's suffering. Cesar said she'll have other opportunities. Bertha said, "Guess who's next?" and Cesar asked, "What letter are we up to?" She said "L," and Cesar guessed, "Miranda." Bertha said yes, next they will stop Miranda from having Alejandro's baby, or make sure it's someone else's baby (pointing at Cesar as she said this). Cesar said, "I like how you think."

Roman, Francisco, and Francisco's sons planned a surprise party for Amparo.

Alejandro told Miranda his revenge plot caused him to lose everything, "My fortune, my sister, and you." Miranda said, "You will never lose me."


Words/phrases from this episode:
pésame = condolences

agradecer = to be grateful
trayecto = distance
forense = forensic surgeon
camilla = stretcher
desarrollo = development
cenizas = ashes
tregua = truce

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you carmel! great recap.

i hope lizania's little pendant which fell in the sofa before she died will be found by someone good and point out the truth about her death.

oh, and i just want to clarify:

ashes = cenizas (you forgot an I :))

4:31 PM  
Blogger Lynn said...

Great recap! THanks you helped me clear up a confusion in my mind. Glad youre here to see anothers point of view for recaps.
Best!

4:33 PM  
Blogger NONE said...

Oops! Thank you for pointing out the typo, Tash. I'll fix it. And thank you both for the comments.

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job. Like the vocabulary at the end.

You are certainly not the only English-speaking person to love telenovelas. I'm learning Spanish the fun way.

9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job. Like the vocabulary list at the end of the translation.

Isn't this the best way to learn Spanish!!!

9:50 PM  
Blogger NONE said...

You said it, Anonymous!

11:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Carmel.You are great.
Pls in my country is the 100 capitul.If you now pls can you tell me what it is gone be in the next capitules.

P.s
You can write me in my privat e-mail arlinda_m@hotmail.com


Lots of love
Linda

8:48 AM  
Blogger NONE said...

Hi Linda, thank you for your post. I'm glad someone is still finding these Heridas recaps useful! If you look around the blog some more you will see recaps for all the episodes (except one that I missed).

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home